Current mood: Homework and bagpipe music. (It helps me focus.)
Finals are almost upon us. Juries are just around the corner. And my motivation is 40% coffee, 30% chocolate, 10% memes, and 10% hugs. The other 10% got lost, along with most of my enthusiasm.
I am finding ways to deal with the awful combination of the sophomore slump, final blahs, and summer dreaming.
- Celtic music, especially jigs and reels. Seriously, it’s like Disneyland in your headphones. Just listen to it and you’ll feel immediately so much better!
- Strength training. My go-to exercise is running, but sometimes lifting and throwing heavy objects relieves more tension…even if “heavy” for me is like 10 pounds.
- Mix up your practice/study routine. I’ve found that taking a little break to listen to my repertoire or reread a chapter of my book while stretching or dancing around helps me refocus.
- Hugs. I am not a touchy person, but you really can’t beat a good hug from a close friend.
- Call Mom. Just do it. Moms always have the answers and, if they don’t, they can at least tell you to cut it out and get back to work.
- Read a book for fun. As I wrote before, I have rediscovered my love of children’s books and it is keeping me sane.
- Blog. Noticed my recent increase in posts? It’s because of a nifty thing I like to call “procrastination.” But writing helps me feel like I accomplished something.
That’s it for now.